America Abroad Media (AAM) is a non-profit organization founded in 2002 to promote the free exchange of ideas, foster critical thinking and empower self-governing citizens worldwide. Domestically, we pursue this mission by producing balanced and in-depth journalism that helps Americans develop an informed understanding of foreign affairs. Internationally, we partner with prominent media outlets to co-produce journalism and entertainment programming that builds their capacity to educate and empower local audiences.
Position: Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant
Location: Washington DC, NW / predominantly remote
Hours/Schedule: Part-time, 15-20 hours per week, mostly virtual
Pay Rate: $20-$25 / hour
Job Description: The individual will report directly to the CFO and will provide bookkeeping assistance and will provide administrative support to the CEO.
- Accounts Payable - Enter vendor invoices into QuickBooks
- Accounts Receivable - Prepare and send invoices to customers using QuickBooks. Process payments. Receive into QuickBooks all customer payments
- Reconcile monthly bank statements in QuickBooks
- Record credit card transaction
- Prepare payroll
- Process journal entries
- Conduct monthly reconciliations
- Bachelors Degree
- 2 Years of solid bookkeeping experience
- Experience with QuickBooks Pro
- AR and AP proficiency
- Proficient in Excel (Desired)
To apply for the position, email a cover letter and resume to Shafer Busch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.